[POC] Last Light

jtbdevelopment

http://lastlightprototype.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/#/

This is a 4 act proof of concept game I've been tinkering with for a while.  The levels are not very challenging (1 for each act, I spare you the prologue levels) and need a lot of tuning and a lot of finesse.  The artwork is all borrowed open source/phaser example art.  No sounds etc.  No saving of progress, no scoring, just rough ideas + some basic storyline interludes to give you an idea of why each act is the way it is.  

I'm curious if anyone besides me finds it interesting enough.  Conceptually a lot of the ideas are about resource management:

Act 1 - maze solver - trade risk for better times - if continued you may run out of resources before you hit end of Act.  (hint exit is at lower right in demo level)

Act 2 - similar - trading safety vs speed to save as many as possible - in theory the number you save could tie into act 4 

Act 3 - more of a galaga/space invaders act - resource management plus unit formations

Act 4 - attack the flag vs defend the flag with AI enemies and allies plus a dangerous weapon that kills friend and foe alike (hint sun looks like a star, your weapon looks like a sun - sorry)

all built in phaser

any feedback appreciated.

Screen Shots:

Act1.png

Act2.png

Act3.png

Act4.png

Edited by jtbdevelopment
added screenshots