P2 body problem with group rotation

Faktori

Hi guys, working on a project for school I just came accross a problem I can't seem to find a solution about. Here it is :

6ea8ac939072d974b295a3549b46ab53.gif

So I have this enemy group rotating. The sprites are moving correcty but the bodies are staying in place because I set them to static = true. I have a gravity going on and I don't want them to be affected by it that's why they're set to static.

Here's my code for these : 

EnemyGroup = function(positionX, positionY, radius, angle, rotateSpeed, clockwise) {

Phaser.Group.call(this, game);
    this.position = {x:positionX, y:positionY};
    this.radius   = radius;
    this.pivot.x  = positionX;
    this.pivot.y  = positionY;
    this.angle    = angle;

this.rotateSpeed = rotateSpeed;
    this.clockwise   = clockwise;

this.addChild(new Enemy(this.position.x - this.radius, this.position.y, 0.4));
    this.addChild(new Enemy(this.position.x + this.radius, this.position.y, 0.4));
    this.addChild(new Enemy(this.position.x, this.position.y - this.radius, 0.4));
    this.addChild(new Enemy(this.position.x, this.position.y + this.radius, 0.4));

this.update = function(){
        if (this.clockwise) {
            this.angle += rotateSpeed;
        } else if (!this.clockwise) {
            this.angle -= rotateSpeed;
        }

}
}

EnemyGroup.prototype = Object.create(Phaser.Group.prototype);
EnemyGroup.prototype.constructor = EnemyGroup;

Enemy = function(positionX, positionY, scale) {

Phaser.Sprite.call(this, game, positionX, positionY, 'enemy');
    game.physics.p2.enable(this, true);
    this.body.setCircle(7);
    this.scale.setTo(scale);
    this.anchor.setTo(0.5);
    this.body.setCollisionGroup(enemyCG);
    this.body.static = true;
    this.body.collides(playerCG);

game.add.existing(this);

this.update = function(){

}
}

Enemy.prototype = Object.create(Phaser.Sprite.prototype);
Enemy.prototype.constructor = Enemy;

The solution must be quite simple - I just don't see it at the moment. any clue ?

Maybe have the rotation happening on single enemies with a pivot based on their parents - instead of rotating the whole group ?
Thanks for reading !

I'm not sure what your question is. They're rotating but you don't want them to? Or the bodies aren't moving... but you did that on purpose with static = true? They're not being affected by gravity and you know why but you can't fix it?

They're rotating, I want them to ! But the bodies are staying in place. I want the bodies to stick with the sprites while they're rotating ! 
I have gravity going on to simulate water flux, but I don't want the enemies to be affected by that gravity that's why I set static to true.

Feel free to ask if I'm still not clear enough hehe

EDIT : So I was thinking the problem came from each enemy having a static body - but even if they don't have a static body the body will stay in place while the sprite is actually moving.
The problem might be coming from how I handle rotation with the angle property on my group. Will try some other stuff. If you have any idea ? thanks

Apparently an option would be to use revolute constraint but I'm really confused about how it works and how to apply it to my situation.

• 8 months later...