Stop camera rotation mouse drag

Nikos123

@Deltakosh -

camera.detachControl(canvas) definately stops camera rotation when moving the pointer, however, I'm having issues with browsers on Ipad. I've detached camera control, but as the resolution is so very different over the various display resolutions on Ipad the past 2 years, the browser often scrolls when I need the pointer to draw on screen. And I cannot limit my app to a specific resolution - or at least prefer not to. I can certainly identify the OS and that the device is an IPad, However, my preference is not to do so since it is ONLY the IPad which I have this issue. 

Has anyone else solved the crappy IPad pointer performance issues on various IPad devices depending on resolution? Android is much "smarter " when it comes to handling various browsers - especially Chrome.

DB

@Deltakosh-

Thank you so very much. This is EXACTLY what I needed. I can't begin to tell you how valuable this example is to me - and I hope to other developers on the forum who are still cutting their teeth in JavaScript as I am - especially those who need to support as many mobile devices as possible. I'll still be registering the OS and setting case(s) for mesh properties dependant in each OS, however the method you provided in the playground scene above will help me to optimize many functions dramatically.

I hope you had a great weekend, and your Wife and family are well. And of course, have a great week!:)

Cheers,

DB

• 4 weeks later...

My game will just be targeting desktop, can't imagine supporting ipad also.

One other thing I plan to do. i will lock the mouse to the canvas and when the user touches the edges, the camera will pan in that direction (like a normal RTS game)

• 4 years later...
  • 6 months later...