PHASER Tiled maps object layer position

craidencool

Phaser doesn't implement this because there are so many different ways of interpreting this data - it becomes game-specific very quickly.

Try starting from something like this:

// Create the Phaser tilemap
var map = game.make.tilemap('map');

// Loop over each object layer
for (var ol in map.objects) {
	// Loop over each object in the object layer
	for (var o in map.objects[ol]) {
		var object = map.objects[ol][o];

console.log(object);

// Do something with the object data here; game.add.sprite(object.name)
		// for example, or even game.add[object.type](object.name)
	}
}

What hexus has written is what I do in my game. I have an object layer named "portals". One of the rectangles in that object layer is named "spawnPoint". The position of that rectangle become the spawn point for the Player sprite.

Yeah, if you truly only want to use one object on the map then you could just index into it directly to get the data you're interested in.

var object = map.objects[0][0];

game.add.sprite('player', object.x, object.y);

Probably best to make sure that you get the layer and object indexes correct though - they could be prone to change depending on how many object layers, and how many objects in the desired layer, in your map.

There are other ways in the API to search for layers and objects with specific names, but I can't remember the methods off the top of my head. Check out the API docs for tilemaps. 

• 2 months later...

so... How I know those indexes? and in map.objects is where I will change it to the name of the object layer I have? ex map.playerPos

I have been doing it all like this tutorial and I don't have any problems: https://gamedevacademy.org/html5-phaser-tutorial-top-down-games-with-tiled/

but when I saw this http://phaser.io/examples/v2/tilemaps/create-from-objects

//  And now we convert all of the Tiled objects with an ID of 34 into sprites within the coins group
    map.createFromObjects('Object Layer 1', 34, 'coin', 0, true, false, coins);

I thought, wow that's less complicated and easier but couldn't make it work, any idea?