Terrain Material - Shadows

Virax

Hello !

First, for my first message, i want to thanks all the babylonJS developer for their awesome work !

I recently tried the Terrain Meterial for generating a custom terrain with a mixmap...

All is good so far, i even found a process to generate a mixmap with Blender and Cycles from a heightmap (I attached an image to the post for people who want this).

I still have an issue with the shadows or the TerrainMaterial, started though i was making a mistake, because my scene is more and more complicated,

but i reproduce the bug on the playground, and i got the same error :

http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#E6OZX#61

Unfortunatelly i'm new with WebGL, BabylonJs and all this stuff, and i can't understand nothing nothing about this material, it's way too more complicated for me...

Can someone tell me if it's a bug, or if the Terrain Material maybe cannot support shadows yet, or perhard i just made an horrible mistake XD

Thanks

mixmap_nodes.png

Hi @Virax:)

I was trying to find the bug and just noticed that I think the playground wasn't updated with the latest versions of the materials. The error occurs when you add a shadow generator, if I'm not wrong. What version are you using ? Are you using the latest version of the terrain material from the master branch of Babylon.Js ?

I not, can you use the latest version of the material and tell me if it fixes your problem ? We recently fixed the materials according the how the shadows are managed internally and I think it is related to it :)

Thanks !