auto shot the bullet to locked sprite

scofieldly

This is very rough, but you will want something like this. The lock function will fire when you shoot a bullet setting a variable to false. In your move / update function, check against this value to stop moving it the sprite is locked.

A timer is created for 2 seconds, which on completion will trigger the unlock function, releasing the character. You could go a step further and change the timer to an event callback for the shooting animation, but that's optional. Hope this helps!

shootBullet() {
    this.lock();
    let bullet = new Bullet(x,y,texture); // instantiation of bullet class
    this.game.time.events.add(Phaser.Timer.SECOND * 2, this.unlock, this);
}

lock() {
    this.locked = true;
}

unlock() {
    this.locked = false;
}

move() {
    if(!this.locked) {
        ... // move your char here if not locked
    }
}

12 hours ago, megmut said:

This is very rough, but you will want something like this. The lock function will fire when you shoot a bullet setting a variable to false. In your move / update function, check against this value to stop moving it the sprite is locked.

A timer is created for 2 seconds, which on completion will trigger the unlock function, releasing the character. You could go a step further and change the timer to an event callback for the shooting animation, but that's optional. Hope this helps!

shootBullet() {
    this.lock();
    let bullet = new Bullet(x,y,texture); // instantiation of bullet class
    this.game.time.events.add(Phaser.Timer.SECOND * 2, this.unlock, this);
}

lock() {
    this.locked = true;
}

unlock() {
    this.locked = false;
}

move() {
    if(!this.locked) {
        ... // move your char here if not locked
    }
}

hi megmut,

thanks for your reply, sorry for my misunderstanding explanation, I did not mean when the bullet collide the target will lock the target. I mean the target will keep moving and the gun will adjust the angle to aim the target and keep shotting. do you have any idea about this feature, thanks.