Should i use phaser or limejs?

Tufan

Yep, agreed, limejs doesn't look very active, no development, no movement with open issues.

Phaser, in complete opposite, sees several commits a day, active discussion regarding open issues, a clear plan of attack to improve and a thriving community.

I can't compare performance, but, from a look at lime's branches they didn't get very far with enabling webGL, so, I'd assume Phaser wins in the perf wars.

Lime seems to use some odd python & svn build chain, googles old module spec (theres a proper one now, they were just filling a gap and helping define the proper one) and you have to build it into your project (I think) using those tools, which are tools that probably don't fit well with anything much else (at least, you'd be hamstringing yourself). Phaser, you just download and go, and you can grab it from a number of places that you probably should be using if you're serious about modular JS (not that you have to be, Phaser has a distributable, just whack it in your page and get coding). So, another plus point for Phaser in terms of integration.