Looking for ways to improve

CodedGames

Hey guys, I don't post here all that much but I've been making HTML5 games on and off for around the last 3 years. In that time, I've produced 5 games that I feel are fairly high quality. I'm looking for suggestions on how to improve my games and monetize them best. I've done the usual steps, emailed publishers looking for non-exclusive licenses and have sold a couple. Right now I feel like I'm sort of in a rut where I've contacted everyone on my mailing list and don't know what to do from there. I've gotten many offers for revenue shares but have turned all of them down as I've never found them to work in the past. I've considered listing my games on websites like MarketJS, FGL, Clay.io and possibly the Evato Market, do these websites work well? 

Anyways, here is the webpage with all of my games: http://codedgames.com/buy-html5-games/

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The games are cool - I would think about upgrading the graphics a little bit and reduce the amount of text to read OR make the game easier to play on desktop browsers. 

I would strongly advice not to go to MarketJS or Clay.io or Evato - prices for games are super, ultra low there (like $5 per license?). 

FGL is no longer about licensing games - they are mobile ad provider right now (which might be a thing for you to check). 

Thanks for the suggestions! I realize my tutorials have always been rather wordy and it is definitely something that I will improve in future games. As for graphics there really isn't too much I can do about that. I don't create my own graphics and don't have much of a budget to hire someone.

As for your final suggestion "make the games easier to play on desktop browsers," I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this. What game did you have difficulty playing?

Another thing I've considered is just putting my games out there even if licenses aren't that much. I'm not a full time game developer and I'm wondering if I'll make more money selling many low-cost licenses over just a couple high-cost ones. This would apply mostly to my older games that the big publishers are not interested in. 

I'm not planning on my games becoming my full time job as I'm still in college and don't have a ton of free time to work on this. I honestly just have a lot of fun making games and making money from them is just a bonus.

• 2 weeks later...