Looking for beginner game developers to start a new group to share, learn and create games.

MrDiamond

Hello, I'm a web programmer with 3 years of experience (currently a senior developer). I've always been a fan of videogames and now I'm starting learning game development just for fun. Like in any type of development , you always face problems and learn of those. Sharing is the strongest tool to learn, you help other people to prevent/fix mistakes and they help you. 

What am I looking for?: People like me that is learning to develop games and want to meet other people to make games with them, share experiences, ask&answer questions.

How will we organize? I have experience managing large Telegram groups and also creating bots for groups. It is a good starting point since most of the people always carry the phone everywhere and also has a web/desktop application, also Telegram offers us a direct communication without compromising your privacy (you don't need to give real info or phone number to the rest of the group). If we start growing, we can just move to another platform you want (Discord, Slack, whatever is of your preference).

Do you have any project scheduled? Yes, I want to build a fun roguelike, here is my current roadmap of the game:

bWWa7fW.png

I am an artist, can I join? Sure! I'm sure you can learn from us and we can learn from you, Keep in mind that sound artists, level designers, programmers.. work together and they need to understand all the other positions to work properly.

Of course this is a flexible diagram, I don't do this as my job and I don't have any deadlines, creating a roadmap just helps me with organization so I don't start wrongly (which with end even worse :P). Have in mind that my only goal is just learning, I'm not in a rush to make money or finding a job :)

Just feel free to contact me if you want to join or if you doesn't like something of my post.

I would join but I don't have an artist/illustrator or person who creates music/sounds. And I also feel unmotivated to work if I need to draw and record sound myself. :)

I could help with code. I created a Phaser game template with ES5 best practices aka Doug Crockford JavaScript. This means we can separate different parts/modules into different files.

If I don't get a job soon, I might join the party. ;)

• 7 months later...

Hello my name is TGGD

I started a game called field order stillworking on it but i cant do it on my own. I want a group to work with. I love working on my game. I just started and have not a lot but some experience with codes, im good with making maps and i like to do everything in detail. I can work a lot and im good in communicating. I would like to join your group and help out and be part of the team im a teamplayer. I think detail is a important part of the game. I am willing to do it for free. Want anymore information or answers?

Contact me here: [email protected]

Greatings TGGD

• 2 months later...

I would like join this group too. I am learning javascript right now but im already familiar with python, if that could help. Im also familiar with the game engines Construct 3 and Play Canvas. I can also do some low poly 3D modeling. I also have a connection to a person who makes game music, and a person who writes dialogue, but they are just helping me on my current project. 

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am new to this forum. I started adventure with Phaser, but I see game design is not only about coding, but about graphics audio and making game fun ( like in Game Dev Story game).

I find making Web apps game really tough if you want to make it perfect and deploy it on many platforms,browsers. I would like to join a group of beginers who would motivate me and help me overcome difficulties. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

HI i too have been looking for a group of game developers to alongside with  and build games together i am still learning the nacks of codiing 

im not in it for the money  i just want to start making some games with a group also i do have  a telegram account that  you can contact me on 

im an energetic optimistic person and love to work with people  and hope to learn more of game developing as well 

im a pretty easygoing person and i get along with a lot of different  people

i myself have a passion for animating i also work on pixel art as well here are some of my sprites i made in pixel art 

here is some main info about me

im male 

16 turning 17 this year 

timezone is perth GMT 8

pixel neon FINISHED clone.gif

souless knight death.gif

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello everyone. I am Rohan. I want to create a cool html5 game with basic Javascript. I want to work online with mates and make games as well as gain experience together. I have made 4 html5 games previously and currently am out of ideas for a new one. 

• 3 months later...
On 2/19/2017 at 2:45 PM, MrDiamond said:

Hello, I'm a web programmer with 3 years of experience (currently a senior developer). I've always been a fan of videogames and now I'm starting learning game development just for fun. Like in any type of development , you always face problems and learn of those. Sharing is the strongest tool to learn, you help other people to prevent/fix mistakes and they help you. 

What am I looking for?: People like me that is learning to develop games and want to meet other people to make games with them, share experiences, ask&answer questions.

How will we organize? I have experience managing large Telegram groups and also creating bots for groups. It is a good starting point since most of the people always carry the phone everywhere and also has a web/desktop application, also Telegram offers us a direct communication without compromising your privacy (you don't need to give real info or phone number to the rest of the group). If we start growing, we can just move to another platform you want (Discord, Slack, whatever is of your preference).

Do you have any project scheduled? Yes, I want to build a fun roguelike, here is my current roadmap of the game:

bWWa7fW.png

I am an artist, can I join? Sure! I'm sure you can learn from us and we can learn from you, Keep in mind that sound artists, level designers, programmers.. work together and they need to understand all the other positions to work properly.

Of course this is a flexible diagram, I don't do this as my job and I don't have any deadlines, creating a roadmap just helps me with organization so I don't start wrongly (which with end even worse :P). Have in mind that my only goal is just learning, I'm not in a rush to make money or finding a job :)

Just feel free to contact me if you want to join or if you doesn't like something of my post.

Oh amazing this makes sense. Thanks so much! I recently wrote an essay on the topic you are talking about, and I needed some statistics and graphs that I could use. The service https://assignmentbro.com/us/essay-assignment-help with which I have been cooperating quite successfully for a long time, helped me a lot. They helped me with the text of the essay, statistics, as well as a list of references.

Edited by Xima