Looking for community feedback, will people be interested?

ClusterAtlas

I'm pondering about creating a couple of services and I'm looking for feedback ^_^ 

1. Automatic CDN uploading / hosting of files.
    • An NPM plugin that hosts your project's static files (image, audio, css, js, etc) to Akamai's CDN (Cloud Delivery Network)
    • It may also be used as a gulp task to watch a folder and upload new static assets to the CDN
    • Point being is that, when the assets are hosted on the CDN, it creates more available bandwidth for the server - which might be useful for html5 multiplayer games.
  2. Multi-region server deployment w/ traffic manager.
    • Deploys your game server code in multiple regions,
    • Point being is that when the user visits http://yourgame.yourwebsite.com/, the traffic manager (which works on the dns level) redirects the user to the nearest region (to Europe server if you're in UK, and not US server), which allows them then to connect to the game at the lowest possible latency.
  3. Database & Cache Service
    • Still experimenting at it as of now, but point a short summary is that a database that will is hosted on a US server will allow read-access to the servers in Europe, allowing the deployed servers (in the point #2) to share a common database with other servers in other regions, without sacrificing latency (since the server in europe can read the copy of the database in europe, w/o having to connect to the US region)

Will a thing like this be valuable to game developers, especially when it comes to multiplayer games?

Looking forward, thank you! ^_^

Wow, thats a lofty set of goals! Good luck with it though, any service that makes hard stuff easier but still allows flexibility is a good one and I'm sure it will come in useful to many peeps.

On point 1, re the gulp task, I'd say make it generic and have another module that does a gulp (or grunt, or webpack or whatever) integration of that generic module.

On 4/11/2017 at 3:13 PM, mattstyles said:

Wow, thats a lofty set of goals! Good luck with it though, any service that makes hard stuff easier but still allows flexibility is a good one and I'm sure it will come in useful to many peeps.

On point 1, re the gulp task, I'd say make it generic and have another module that does a gulp (or grunt, or webpack or whatever) integration of that generic module.

Thanks for the feedback!

Regarding the gulp task, noted! ^_^