Research on Online Knowledge sharing on html5gamedevs.com

IndoPride

Hi all!

To shoot from the hip; I'm writing my master thesis about knowledge sharing in online communities for game developers.

My research tries to answer the following question; "what motivates game developers to freely share their knowledge within online communities?". The eventual goal of the research is to provide moderators with tangible answers on how to set-up the community in a way that best serves it's users (you). 

I'm looking for members that are willing to share their thoughts and expertise about sharing knowledge on html5gamedevs.com with me during an interview of approx 1 hour via Skype. To give you an idea of the questions you can expect: "What do you like about game development?" and "What kind of knowledge do you share?". It's not necessary to speak English, chat is sufficient as well.  

Besides infinite karma points you would really help out moderators to improve your user experience :D 

If you're interested or like to receive more info please add me on Skype: joep.van.duinen or send me an e-mail via [email protected].    

Thanks in advance for taken it into consideration and looking forward to get in touch!

Cheers from Amsterdam,

Joep

PS: everything you might disclose during the interview will be fully confidential and not shared without your approval. 

• rich pinned this topic
  • 3 months later...

I'm looking for members that are willing to share their thoughts and expertise about sharing knowledge on html5gamedevs.com with me during an interview of approx 1 hour via Skype. To give you an idea of the questions you can expect: Bao Phu Nu "What do you like about game development?" and "What kind of knowledge do you share?". It's not necessary to speak English, chat is sufficient as well.  

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 11/27/2017 at 8:12 PM, html5gamesftw said:

You may get more replies if you do a small 10 - 20 questionnaire via email. A 1 hour Skype session is a bit much...

What is the essence of the questionnaire? I think this study will bear fruit and wish you good luck, if you are suddenly interested, you can read the blog at PapersOwl on how to write a literary review for a dissertation, this will give you useful writing skills, I wish you good luck.

Edited by Utivervi

• 1 year later...
On 11/28/2017 at 7:12 AM, html5gamesftw said:

You may get more replies if you do a small 10 - 20 questionnaire via email. A 1 hour Skype session is a bit much...

Agreed on this, I don't think you're going to find people willing to do a 1 hour skype session with someone for their thesis.

A short online survey is better.