Phaser + ES6 Setup - What's the most current / preferred?

SomeTallGy

Hello, I am trying to get myself setup with ES6 and Phaser.  Formerly, I used typescript + Phaser to make HTML5 games but I have a client that needs it to work with ES6.

I have run several google searches and found numerous ES6 boiler plates which are mostly out of date and have not been updated in years.

The most current one I have found is here: https://github.com/lean/phaser-es6-webpack

Which runs, but I am having a heck of a time trying to get VSCode to play nice with it.  VSCode has no intellisense (even if i reference the typescript files) and Webstorm is having issues with it as well.

I admit, I am a bit of a javascript noob -- so if I am missing anything obvious, please say so!

In the meantime, can anyone recommend a ES6 boiler plate that's kept up to date and that works well with VSCode?  If not VSCode, is there a recommended IDE that works for mac that has code hinting for ES6 + Phaser to make development easier?

Thanks in advance!!!