Error during chrome version change

Anna

Hi,

I am getting this error ("invalid x,y parameters-not a number) when I left click on the entities or drag around. This is happening only in google chrome version -59.0.3071.86. 

If we downgrade or upgrade the version it is working fine! The values which we are passing (typeof is a number).  So  we cdn't  figure out why only for a particular version it is showing this error. We have a team using this application and we cannot ask each and everyone to upgrade or downgrade the version. 

Could someone please help me out here.

image001.png

Hi!

Click on the left-most arrow to get a stack trace. You can also enable "pause on uncaught errors" in the debugger, which will allow you to inspect the actual values of x and y, and (may be more important) walk the stack to find where those values originate. Debugging in this manner is best done with the non-minified melonJS build.

Give it a try and let us know if you manage to track it down. If you need additional support, please don't hesitate to respond here with further information.

Best of luck!

On 8/3/2017 at 1:10 PM, Hashasm said:

here is the description screen it may help you to understand the error @Parasyte

melon error.png

but it does not makes any sense... if the me.Vector2d class is throwing an exception, it means that somewhere along the line, one the above method is passing a non numerical value to the other one.

can you test the following example and report if you are having the same issue ? 

http://melonjs.github.io/melonJS/examples/shapes/

I'm running Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit) Chrome right now, and the above example is working fine here. Are you using any complex CSS/elements in your page that might affect the pointer position as seen/detected by melonJS ?

Also, maybe you could look at sending us a strip down version of your code (including the html page), so that we can reproduce the issue and identify what is wrong? 

• 2 weeks later...