Good Forum Practices

jerome

Hello,

As I started to write some part of a general Phaser documentation and as I am not a Phaser expert, I get my information from this forum.

When someone asks about a very specific problem for his very own code, he often gets a very specific answer from an advanced developper or other kind of phaser guru.

I'm trying to extract general answers or concepts from these specific questions/answers to write up something more persistent.

So please always invite people to mark every topic as "answered" when a good and pertinent answered is made.

It will hep contributors to general documentation to explore the forum fatest and to find out the general answers.

Thank you to everyone

You may be a bit late as the githun is now getting a community written wiki with all the syntax and usage which will in the end more than likely end quite a lot of posts here. The documentation is NOT like the docs though. Its about phaser uses and how to use it. You can check the sprites a lot more here:

https://github.com/photonstorm/phaser/wiki/Phaser-General-Documentation-:-Sprites

Waaaoooh

Very nice contribution !

Thank you a lot !

If someone masters the sprite.body usage (vs sprite.body = null) and can tell when using it, why using it (or not : better perfs if no collisions needed, disabled it if you manage your sprite with a third party physics lib like box2d), when setting sprite.x instead of sprite.body.x (and vice-versa), please write it in here.

Great job Heppell08.

@tackle

tusen tack!

Your english is far more better than mine, I like the way you adjusted my writing so far.

Thank for markdown styling also.

The text still lacks more conceptual concerns. ex : when is the game loop started, what is the global game state at this very moment, in what order are things managed in this game loop : group computation, physics computation, collision callback, rendering ? I don't even know !

All these informations could help a lot for understanding how coding stuff, how optimazing, etc.