Database?

NicholasGustav

Hello community!  
I'm new here and I have a few doubts, I hope someone can answer me. 
1- Be about Js, HTML and CCS, in order to create games, is it necessary to have knowledge in database? Is it necessary to
 send data to a web server? only one player game, not the multiplayer that I imagine is different.  
2- Another question is about monetization, it's curious since I'm still far from it, I've seen that they sell the games to portals,
but reading a blog, I saw that I made money with ads too .. 
You can put your own ads in the games? or divide the profits with the portals or something?

You don't need to know databases to make games. You might want that if you're doing an online thing, though.

I can't answer about the ads, but many games and some portals use ingame ads, so it's possible. Ad-supported games are one way to monetize your software, albeit licensing to portals seem to be the most effective in the short term.

So:

1. You don't need to run your own database. I guess if you would like to create a bit more complex game - you would need one, but even then you can use some existing solution (like https://phaser.io/news/2017/11/playfab-sdk-now-supports-phaser)

2. You can add ads from multiple sources (Google AdSense being the most popular one I guess). There are some options for in game purchases around as well (not super popular yet though). 

Hope that helps:)