can anyone help me with performance?

Nokdu

I've included a really simple game 

the game is basically.. don't get hit by the potions..

but atm i am getting frame rate spikes.

i have no idea what is causing it..

i am currently using chrome and my PC is a pc that i use to develope other 3d C++ games.

i've tried a few inspectors.. but i am not really getting anywhere.

any help would be nice

thank you

rpg.zip

for all who want to see the code.. here it is

https://gist.github.com/thinkong/8802753

I don't see anything problematic with the gist - we probably need more information to help. when you say "frame rate spikes", what does that mean specifically? from 60(?) fps down to ??? and how often? do they happen on a regular basis or seemingly random?

have you done a memory profile to see if there are objects being allocated and released during gameplay? (garbage collection is a common reason for performance spikes)

I don't see anything problematic with the gist - we probably need more information to help. when you say "frame rate spikes", what does that mean specifically? from 60(?) fps down to ??? and how often? do they happen on a regular basis or seemingly random?

have you done a memory profile to see if there are objects being allocated and released during gameplay? (garbage collection is a common reason for performance spikes)

i am getting rates down to around 30 fps.. makes the game feel like laggy.. I thought they were due to GC stuff but they come at random times.. 

oh well.. i guess i'll have to do some more profiling :D

thank you for the quick answer

no problem.

anything else running (particularly in the browser) can cause GC spikes too. also, anything running on the GPU can cause textures to be swapped out, buffers to be flushed etc which can cause spikes as well.

good luck