Is it possible to build babylonjs src using webpack/angular ?

1glayfan

Hello babylonjs experts,

I wonder if it is possible to build the babylonjs src using webpack/angular.
I tried to this this but hit into the following error messages:

ERROR in src/Audio/babylon.analyser.ts(65,13): error TS2322: Type 'Float32Array' is not assignable to type 'Uint8Array'.
  Types of property '[Symbol.toStringTag]' are incompatible.
    Type '"Float32Array"' is not assignable to type '"UInt8Array"'.
src/Mesh/babylon.geometry.ts(1120,76): error TS2345: Argument of type 'Int32Array' is not assignable to parameter of type 'number[] | Float32Array'.
  Type 'Int32Array' is not assignable to type 'Float32Array'.
    Types of property 'copyWithin' are incompatible.
      Type '(target: number, start: number, end?: number) => Int32Array' is not assignable to type '(target: number, start: number, end?: number) => Float32Array'.
src/Mesh/babylon.mesh.vertexData.ts(1743,66): error TS2345: Argument of type 'IndicesArray' is not assignable to parameter of type 'number[] | Float32Array'.
  Type 'Int32Array' is not assignable to type 'number[] | Float32Array'.
src/Tools/babylon.dds.ts(289,13): error TS2322: Type 'Uint8Array' is not assignable to type 'Float32Array'.
  Types of property '[Symbol.toStringTag]' are incompatible.
    Type '"UInt8Array"' is not assignable to type '"Float32Array"'.
src/Tools/babylon.dds.ts(311,13): error TS2322: Type 'Uint8Array' is not assignable to type 'Float32Array'.
src/Tools/babylon.tools.ts(1214,13): error TS2322: Type 'ArrayBuffer | SharedArrayBuffer' is not assignable to type 'ArrayBuffer'.

If you have done this successfully with webpack or angular, please let me know.

Thanks. 

I do use bjs npm package for normal development. My codes are all in ts. I try to avoid js as much as possible. 

But here I am trying to build my project with bjs ts  source codes directly (so no bjs npm here), with goals being:

1) I can single step debug into bjs codes for hard bugs

2) I can single step for better understanding of the bjs framework 

The docs you mentioned AFAIK is only for using the npm package? I am currently outside now but will look into again soon. 

You did say you were using source, but I was just confirming.  You are correct - docs are only for NPM package.

Stepping through bjs TS code with these instructions, but only for ie: Playground, Sandbox:
VS Code - https://doc.babylonjs.com/how_to/how_to_start#debug
Visual Studio - https://doc.babylonjs.com/how_to/setup_visualstudio

I've actually never tried to step through a dependent project in TypeScript - another option is to use babylon.max and step into JS.  Hopefully somebody can help you out.

I did look into the VS config to build bjs, I think I got it working for VS, but what I am trying to do here is on webpack/angular though which is different.

The webpack/angular env is quite a beast to master unfortunately.

Yes you are right that Babylon.max will let you single step but my head will spin forever every time I see js codes :)