Contribution needed - Exporters

GameMonetize

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I, sorry, I did not monitor this thread.

@Gwenael : I already have an FBX scene exporter based on the FBX sdk that is implemented as a command-line tool, as well as trough C++/CLI for automation from .Net code. It is already in the Babylon codebase (not in a public branch for now, sorry). It exports materials, textures, Multi-material meshes, and lights (with for now a little problem on geometry data that seems related on coordinate systems but that should not be very hard to handle). The project is on pause for a couple of days, because I am working on another subsystem in Babylon that will be demonstrated soon. But as soon as it is finished, I'll resume my work on it (with support for cameras, skinned meshes and animations).

A very easy and quick solution would be to create a simple installer or an MZP that include the maxscript and the fbx converter.

In 3ds max , simply you choise name and flag export options, and the script export FBX and and run the fbx converter automatically,

In this case, the exporter upgrade in 3ds max is very simple: substitute the old exe fbx converter.

If you provide me the final exe with libs included, I spent about 1 days to publish the max script :)

What do you think?

I would have preferred to get apure maxscript exporter without any dependencies

Really? Wouldn't it be double work? Moreover max script exporter will be slower than c++ exporter, won't it? Is it in the aim to have a full exporter in maxscript (not only GUI) without having to also have the command line tool? As far as I'm concerned, downloading a max script or a MZP like kaz2057 suggests would be pretty much the same. Am I missing something else like I always forget the garbage collector ;)

MZP is a sort of ZIP with any kind of files included.

I notice that today I start with a new job so my free time for the exporter is very reduced.

What I can do is just create an MZP with scritp and fbx converter included, to give a simple GUI to the users.

Sorry ! but I ave no time to create a native exporter :(

If you are ok, send me any version of compiled exe fbx and I create the tools in a few days