Import 3D model to babylon

Brijesh

Hello, 

How can we import any 3D model with all meshes and animation created using 3D modeling software like Maya , Blender, Autodesk 3ds Max, Modo  to babylon ?
It would be great help to me if any one give replay asap.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks @Deltakosh

But i need to convert any formatted file to  .babylon file without using any such tool, like using command line argument. For example if user upload any file with extension .fbx than convert that file to .babylon format and create scene for that.  

the babylon file format is open source - http://doc.babylonjs.com/resources/file_format_map_(.babylon)

If you find an application that can deserialize an fbx file, you can create a babylon file using the information.

You could also check blender cli (https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/render/workflows/command_line.html) , it might be very helpful

@Brijesh

I work in Maya, but load FBX files into Blender and pass them through the .babylon exporter in Blender. It has to be installed, but that's a simple. If you simply need geometry and wan't to build your textures and environment (lighting) in babylon.js, the the .OBJ format works excellent.

DB