video texture Sync issue, plz help~~~

jadeshohy

I am new to babylon.js

I set a scene with 2 objects which named as obj1 & obj2

A video with 426 frames was set as video texture for obj1 while obj2 had a 3d animation with 426 frames.

They got same length 426 frames,same rate 30fps

Video and 3d animation was triggered by screen tap

But video and 3d animation are out of SYNC when running. Video will have 6-8 frames delay(maybe different in other devices)

I hope i can figure out a way to do some advanced synchronization for them cause i do need they being synchronized.

But, i tried, hardly and did not find anything useful.

Hope someone can help,  Grateful Thanks.

Hello and welcome!

You are trying something not easy at all as all browsers will treat video differently. First you are not sure when the first frame will be really emitted by the video decoder so this is the first challenge

Perhaps the best option would be to manually sync your animation with the current frametime of your video. This thread could help you find the current frame time I guess: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35775499/get-current-frame-of-video-in-javascript-jquery

Hi @jadeshohy

What you're trying to achieve is INCREDIBLY HARD and is a holy grail in my opinion. However, my company has an app that's going into beta which perfectly syncs all media precisely in all HTML5 browsers in real time for an unlimited number of users collaborating together with generally less than 5ms delay in interaction... internationally... on average, of course, depending on your connection.. We're still working on the API to the server (Brains) - don't know when we'll release the API for the server... however if you want to test what we've done, let me know if you want to apply for the beta release. You won't find anything that a good JS Dev can build as it's mostly written in PHP ( a royal challenge), and we also use two servers. One is the brains and the other holds the media and database... so it's completely secure for the media and the brains of it all - which was our challenge for the film and broadcast industry. It's like Photoshop online in real time for any media and unlimited users.

A reply to this message won't trigger my memory to add you to the beta list, however we deploy in two weeks to Weta in NZ, Blue Man Productions, and a division of Lockheed Martin, as we also sync collaborative 3D media in real time. So I've got my hands full right now. But I'll try and post a topic to those who might be the best to test the app. It's not all WebGL... only when you launch collaborative 3D media, but we've spent more than 5+ years building the server and more than 2 years building the application. However we're only 2 developers, with a little help from our friend to get us into PHP ( @Pryme8 ... reclusive bastard, you made my life hell - but I now know PHP, so I guess I owe you)... and I will call you (Andy) this week. If not, call me and I'll show a REAL interface.

Cheers,

DB