Apache Cordova mobile app vs Web app performance

tproper

I have a HTML5 web game I'm working on that works great on iPhone 7 and up but the physics lags on iPhone 6 or a Samsung Galaxy 5. I plan on making the game a hybrid app using Apache Cordova. Will Cordova makinig it a hybrid app effect performance? Could that possibly speed up things on older phones?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2018 at 9:11 AM, tproper said:

I have a HTML5 web game I'm working on that works great on iPhone 7 and up but the physics lags on iPhone 6 or a Samsung Galaxy 5. I plan on making the game a hybrid app using Apache Cordova. Will Cordova makinig it a hybrid app effect performance? Could that possibly speed up things on older phones?

From experience, performance no android using cordova isn't very good when it comes to hybrid games written in webgl.  Installing crosswalk along with it will improve things but increase your size to over 20 mb.    Phaser is not supported, but cocoon.io is a good way to get great performance, you can package your game  with a barebones striped down browser that doesn't have much support for any tags. unfortunately for phaser, the method it uses to preload is using the dom elements that don't exist in cocoon