This forum will be closing down. Please move to the respective dedicated project forums.

two newbie questions (collisions and scale related crash)

Fnapsi

Hi.

Just checking out phaser3. Currently I'm trying to write a function that makes sparks appear when two objects collide.

I'm at the point where I can drag and drop two objects, and when they hit I have some spark sprites appear near the collision coordinates. Two problems though:

1) As there is no space for the sparks at the exact coordinates, matter moves the sparks quite a bit above the colliding objects, which looks silly. I think the best way would be to disable the collision between sparks and the objects. If somebody would have advice on how I can tell the sparks to not care about each other or the two colliding objects, that would be great. Of course it seems that I could just disable the physics for the sparks alltogether, but I want them to be effected by gravity and bounce back from walls and maybe other objects.
2) I want the sparks to become smaller and then vanish, so I wrote this:

function update() {
        for(var i = 0; i < particles.length; i++) {
            var scale = particles[i].scaleX;
            if(scale < 0.5) {
                //remove spark
            }
            else {
                particles[i].setScale(scale - 0.01);
            }
        }
    }

Instead of "remove spark" I have to destroy there the object (still have to look up how that works). The problem is: this works for a second or so but then crashed the browser tab. I don't get why it should crash the tab (scale starts with a value of 1).

Thanks for any advice. :)