Multimaterial problem with Blender exporter

hw3web

Hi There

is there any one realize that if you load some .babylon file with multi material mesh , and then add mesh to this scene by import next multi material mesh from another .babylon, second loaded mesh will take material from multi material loaded on beginning.

It is happen because of tag: "materialId":"Multimaterial#0" in . babylon file - 

is there any chance Multimaterial ID will be created as dynamic name in Blender Exporter :

maybe number of milliseconds - epoch time , that it will be each time different and at least will be not repeated ,

or as combine name of sub material : mat1 + mat2 + mat3 => Multi#mat1mat2mat3 

by now I must go and edit .babylon files to give them individual names just to no repate it self

thank you

Python line in Blender Exporter

601 : multimat.name = "Multimaterial#" + str(len(multiMaterials))

I do not want mess with it as I prefer that it will be done and share with all users BabylonJS

I changed to this stuff:

multimat.name = "Multimaterial#" + str(len(multiMaterials))            multimat.materials = []            Export_babylon.write_string(file_handler, "materialId", multimat.name)            for mat in object.material_slots:                multimat.materials.append(mat.name)multimat.name = multimat.name + "-" + mat.name 

• 4 weeks later...

I do not understand. The change is online:

multimat.name = "Multimaterial#" + str(len(multiMaterials))            multimat.materials = []            Export_babylon.write_string(file_handler, "materialId", multimat.name)            for mat in object.material_slots:                multimat.materials.append(mat.name)                            multiMaterials.append(multimat)

is that

multimat.name = "Multimaterial#" + str(len(multiMaterials))

not mean the name of multimaterial will be :

Multimaterial#(number)

and if you loading few meshes from different babylon files where all will be only one multi-texture all of them will be  Multimaterial#0 and last or first one will decide upon the rest material .

?

solution it could be to add:

import time

and then replace :

multimat.name = "Multimaterial#" + str(len(multiMaterials))

with 

multimat.name = "Multimaterial#" + str(math.floor(time.time()))

I did it and it is working fine, but I would it will be helping everyone .

but we set this way just multi-material name that must be individual for specific mesh.

problem with other is when you load more then one multi material mesh from different Babylon file , if all of them has only one multi material mesh then all multimaterial names will be Multimaterial#0 , so if in first babylon file we have sphere(half white half black) and in second box ( half red half blue) we will have  sphere and box half black half white :(