Adding Text to a Tile

BigBacon

I am building a simple board game, all the pieces are tiles.  I want to reflect the health of some of the pieces so I wanted to add a number onto the tile.  I created a couple functions to replace removeTileAt and putTileAt, these just call the normal DynamicTileMap functions and then also draw or delete the number in text on the tile.  However, I would really like to extend some class in Phaser3 that draws the tiles and just add the text drawing there, or at least that seems like what I want to do but I really don't understand enough object stuff or phaser to figure out where to do it, I don't see any draw function for the tile class which I thought I would just overrride.  What I have works but seems ugly!  All thoughts appreciated!

• 5 months later...

Hi, Im in a similiar situation as you. Ive created dynamic tile layer and simply added text Tilemap.forEachTile using the coordinates of each tile. The problem is that when I move the Tilemap to diferent position the text doesnt move. Even if i change the position of tilemap before adding the text. For some reason, even tho, the tiles themselves are located elsewhere, their coordinates remains 0,0; 0,1 and so on. I know that i didnt help u at all and asking u for help instead and that its kinda rude. But if u could point me in a direction how to aproach this in other way id be rly glad.