Looking for suggestions on ways to generate JSON game world data without having to type it all out manually

veritableVariable

Hello. I'm new to game dev, but not to programming.

My first project is coming along pretty nicely, though populating the game data has proven fairly tedious and time-consuming. So far, I've been typing up my JSON files manually, which I'm assuming is bad practice, so I'd like to find an alternative; maybe get pointed in the direction of a graphical editor that would be ideal for the type of game I'm trying to make.

I'm using Phaser 3 to code the game, though I figure this question would apply to most frameworks.

The game is a first-person point-and-click adventure game in the style of Myst. Players travel between different still images by clicking interactive regions on the screen. The JSON file contains an object for each image view, which itself contains an object for each clickable region. A region object contains data on its bounds, as well as an array of actions to perform upon being clicked (the only action I've programmed thus far is 'traverse', which simply moves the player to the specified destination view).

Are there any tools that would help with making JSON data for such a project? Any help is appreciated.