FBX translator - Pivot feature

kaz2057

Hi open this thread to know if you can add object pivot importing.

Each time I export my geometry from 3ds Max (to FBX and then convert with you tool) I have all objects rotated by -90°, so I need to rotate all scene on Z axes to be aligned to babylon axis.

It is frustating.

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I'm a newly user of babylon. I'm very interested in that tool and really plan to have the whole understanding of the possibilities that are reachable with Webgl.

In a nutshell I plan to make a blog that will in 3D and i wish that i could use my favorites blender models and maps.

I have read that with the Blender add-on we can export it in .babylon format, also the same kind of online tool http://www.babylonjs.com/converter.html.

First, it seems like the converter doesn't work. I zipped an .obj and .fbx format in separated .zip and both didn't worked, respectively i recived "unexpected error" and "Could not find file 'C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\mx1icw5e.50o\save.mtl'. from the debux.txt recieved.

I took the .fbx from here : http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/broken-tower-80330.html it's about 20Mo heavy and transformed with blender into .obj

I tryed to export to the .babylon format using blender. It worked fine, unfortunately, when i try sandbox to see if it works, he never stops to "load".

I do really hope i'm not making you losing your time as theses errors seems too obvious to be real. But I don't see where i could have make any mistakes and i tryed severals times for each operations.

Thank you for your help,

I can't wait to use your great tool, it seems so awesome !

Nicolas

I try to export FBX with Yup and Zup vector but my mesh have not synched rotation.

What is the new option by ProfessorF added? 
I see [/sk] [/rl] in exporter but I cannot find info about it

However I ask for Pivot features, because I come from Unity 3D, and when I import a FBX, to avoid rotation issue, I modify the pivot in 3ds Max.

Thanks

Could you share a 3dsmax file with which you have this issue and a screenshot of what you would like to achieve? I'll try to investigate on it. Meanwhile could you export your 3dsmax to FBX Binary (ascii won't work) and import it in Blender and then export it to BabylonJS thanks to the plugin that Deltakosh wrote?

I imported your mesh.fbx in Blender and then exported it to BabylonJS and used https://github.com/BabylonJS/Babylon.js/tree/master/Tools/BuildOurOwnBabylonJS. The default camera is not set correctly but your mesh appears like it should do since when I increase its position.y (along up axis in BabylonJS) it moves the same way it would move in 3ds max along the z axis (up axis) and if I increase its position.z it moves the same way it would move in 3ds mas along the y axis.

I also tested to export with the command line tool and unfortunately, yes y and z axis are switched since when I increase position.y (along up axis in BabylonJS) of the mesh, the mesh moves as it would move in 3ds max along the y axis instead of the z axis (up axis)

Use the exporter provided for Blender for your meshes and let me know if it works.

However in max files there is NO camera. just the letter mesh !

I noticed it and that's why I used a default camera with BuildOurOwnBabylonJS. I should have written "my default camera" instead of "the default camera".

I think BabylonExporter.exe will be fixed when the 3ds max exporter will be out. I noticed you also would like to contribute to it. If fbx sdk is used it should be easy to write a lib that could be used by the plugin and by a command line tool or actually it may be possible to directly use a plugin through the fbx sdk.

I noticed it and that's why I used a default camera with BuildOurOwnBabylonJS. I should have written "my default camera" instead of "the default camera".

I think BabylonExporter.exe will be fixed when the 3ds max exporter will be out. I noticed you also would like to contribute to it. If fbx sdk is used it should be easy to write a lib that could be used by the plugin and by a command line tool or actually it may be possible to directly use a plugin through the fbx sdk.

But to create exporter it is not possible use just maxscript?

Why use FBX SDK?