Creating a sprite from a Tilemap's tileset

SteveB

I have a tilemap that's working fine. What I want to do is to create a Sprite that can be based on the same tileset as the tilemap uses so I can create dynamic tiles.

I've extracted some of my code from some objects below to make what I'm effectively doing at the moment a bit clearer.

var map = game.add.tilemap(mapId);map.addTilesetImage(tilesetName, imageId);var carriedTile = new Phaser.Sprite(game, 100, 64, imageId);game.add.existing(carriedTile);

What I get, as expected, is a Sprite that displays the entire tileset image. What I need to do is to get a Sprite that only displays one tile from the Tileset. How do I achieve that? I've tried setting the textureRegion, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks.

Thanks Karma Octopus. Unfortunately, not quite. The tileStrip is a sprite using the same tileset image as the map, but the individual tiles on mouse down are created using the index into the tileStrip rather than creating new Sprites; the tileStrip is still the size of the entire tileset image. My problem would be a bit like trying to make the tileStrip the size of one tile and then able to change the tile it shows.

Mind you the example showed me a couple of other things I didn't know.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello there. I'm too want to do the same.

There is an option of loading your tilemap's tileset as a spritesheet:

game.load.spritesheet("tilesetname", "tileset_path", tilewidth, tileheight, frameMax)

and then referring to it while creating the sprite like:

game.add.sprite(x, y, "tilesetname", frameIndex)

However this seems to be more of a workaround than a proper solution.