[PixiJS6] Suddenly CONTEXT_LOST_WEBGL occurs

znw-test

I use pixijs v6.5.3 and Apple m1 chip laptop. 

After initializing the app, after a while all of a sudden the screen disappears.

The console displays WebGL: CONTEXT_LOST_WEBGL: loseContext: context lost.

I Try to create a new App and it says "Error: This browser does not support WebGL. Try using the canvas renderer".

Reopen the page and it's back to normal.

If you have any ideas, please let me know. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Webgl context loss happens when os tells the browser that I need some resources, please free them immediately. Or it might happen also if for some reason the context is taking too much resources. You could check how heavy your app is to render with tool like spectorJS.

In theory it's possible to handle context loss so that it resumes when context is ok once again. For more info see https://www.khronos.org/webgl/wiki/HandlingContextLost

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2022 at 5:48 AM, Exca said:

Webgl context loss happens when os tells the browser that I need some resources, please free them immediately. Or it might happen also if for some reason the context is taking too much resources. You could check how heavy your app is to render with tool like spectorJS.

In theory it's possible to handle context loss so that it resumes when context is ok once again. For more info see https://www.khronos.org/webgl/wiki/HandlingContextLost

Exca,

I can see that you're quite skilled in shader techniques.  We are seeing support refactoring an animation layer in our stack.  Are you open to freelance work or otherwise?  Please share your thoughts.  I know that this may not be the best place to reach you but I couldn't determine how else I might do so.  Adam - [email protected]

12 hours ago, adammarez said:

Exca,

I can see that you're quite skilled in shader techniques.  We are seeing support refactoring an animation layer in our stack.  Are you open to freelance work or otherwise?  Please share your thoughts.  I know that this may not be the best place to reach you but I couldn't determine how else I might do so.  Adam - [email protected]

Sorry, cannot currently take freelance work.