Best way to manage multi color text?

Martiny

Hello, guys.

So, I'm wondering if there is an example on how to manage multi colored texts? This image exemplifies perfectly what I want:

zelda.png

Actually, mine is actually simpler than that. I just want to write a sentence like this:

"Click on the Cat"

In which "Click on the" is black and "Cat" is red. I can't find a way to do it in Phaser. That's my code so far:

var textStyle = { font: "65px Arial", fill: "#000000"};var text = game.add.text (400, 500,"Click on the " + chosenAnimal, textStyle);

As you can imagine, everything is in black. How could I change the chosenAnimal to red in an easy way? There must be a simple solution to this, but I couldn't find anything in the examples.

If you think about each printed color selection as its own little box, you can arrange the boxes on the screen using the first one as a reference and then move the rest as needed using its width and height.

For example, say you wanted to print "Click on the Cat," as per your example.

var chosenAnimal = "Cat"; //Stored name as a stringvar textStyle = { font: "65px Arial", fill: "#000000"};var text = game.add.text (400, 500,"Click on the ", textStyle); //Write the first text in blacktextStyle = { font: "65px Arial", fill: "#ff0000"}; //Change the fill color to 'red'var redText = game.add.text (400 + text.width, 500, chosenAnimal, textStyle); //Write the red text in the same x position + the width of the black text