Porting to 2.0.1

Meowts

Heya,

I'm porting my game to Phaser 2.0.1 - love the updates, but there are two things I'm not sure how to handle...

What I had is an input area sprite, and then an onUp event on the game object - this way the user can click on the area and move the mouse, and the move function will still fire. This is what I had:

//Add input down event to the clickable areathis.area.events.onInputDown.add(this.accelerate, this);(...)//Add input up to the whole gamethis.game.input.onUp.add(this.move, this);

This worked fine with 1.3.1, but what happens now is:

-Input down event fires, calls accelerate()

-Input up event fires, calls move()

-Input down event no longer fires

Also, when it comes to setting a sprite's velocity - before if I said something like:

this.sprite.body.velocity.x = 100;this.sprite.body.velocity.y = -100;

it would sent the sprite flying in the air. Now it's not moving at all. How should I go about sending the sprite on its merry way (using Arcade physics)?

Well, here are the two handlers I have above:

accelerate : function (){        this.wasClicked = true;        this.sunImg.frame = 0;        this.timer.start();        this.powerBar.play('powerUp', 20);},move : function (){        if(this.wasClicked){            //Get total amount time since the click            this.timeElapsed = this.timer.seconds+1.1;            this.timer.update();//I had this before and it worked fine, necessary?            this.timer.stop();            this.powerBar.animations.stop('powerUp');                        if(this.timeElapsed > this.maxTime){                this.timeElapsed = this.maxTime;            }            //Set velocity            this.sprite.body.velocity.x = this.timeElapsed*100;            this.sprite.body.velocity.y = -(this.timeElapsed*160);                        this.area.inputEnabled = false;            this.wasClicked = false;        }}//end move()//Also FYI when a new sprite is spawned, this.area.inputEnabled = true;

With 1.3.1, the result of this would send the sprite across the screen, its distance depending on how long you held down the click. Now, unfortunately, it does nothing :\

You do have to enable the physics system if you want to use bodies and velocity.

game.physics.startSystem(Phaser.Physics.ARCADE);

And then if you want to use it on a sprite:

game.physics.arcade.enable(sprite);

Also, refer to http://examples.phaser.io/_site/view_full.html?d=arcade%20physics&f=launcher.js&t=launcher for an example of something similar.

Hope that helps!

Thanks, I noticed about an hour after this debacle that 2.0.2 had just those fixes, also learned about manually enabling physics on the Sprites. I haven't had a chance to implement this yet, but I'm sure it'll work :)