Telefiction: A simple, hilarious group game

WillG

105008004_tfscreenshot2.thumb.png.4da8ebb35ce430483cd2132331104f4f.png  2102631034_tfscreenshot1.thumb.png.fc222dc019433edf9fecf7d4ff0e754e.png

Synopsis:

Telefiction is a mobile-first HTML5 group game where everyone starts by writing a random phrase and then alternates between drawing others' phrases and guessing what phrase others' drawings represent. Similar to the game of telephone, things tend to get hilariously misinterpreted by the end of a game.

Telefiction focuses on keeping its players engaged for the entire game. Even during what would otherwise be awkward down time when faster players wait for everyone else to finish their turn, Telefiction provides a silly prompt that players may attempt to doodle while they wait.

Backstory:

I began working on this game early in the COVID pandemic when a close family member had recently moved away and I now had no way to be with him in person due to travel restrictions. Telefiction allowed my family and his to play a lighthearted game together every so often and maintain a better sense of being connected despite the distance.

I would love to hear honest feedback on any aspect of this game. In particular:

• What aspects of the UI seem unintuitive?
  • Is this something you would play with your friends/coworkers/family? Why or why not?

Start a game by going to https://tfiction.com or check out a sample thread representative of the way things quickly go off the rails...in a good way!