onComplete for chained tweens

mcuz

I have a sprite with chained tweens and am wanting to destroy it when the chained tweens have completed.  Here is my code.  

tween = this.game.add.tween(enemy).delay(this.count * 110)
.to({ x: '+200' }, 800, Phaser.Easing.Linear.None)
.to({ x: '+400'}, 800, Phaser.Easing.Linear.None)
.to({ x: '+200'}, 800, Phaser.Easing.Linear.None)
.to({ x: '+200'}, 800, Phaser.Easing.Linear.None)
.start();

tween.onComplete.add(this.onComplete, enemy);

the onComplete function kills the enemy sprite.  However this fires after the first movement tween has
finished.  What I want is for the event to fire after the entire chain has completed - any ideas? much obliged

mcuz

I also found myself asking this question for other tween callbacks . Not enough I also started my issue on phaser's github repos about this topic months ago. See here https://github.com/photonstorm/phaser/issues/348. This was during a more unstable time of phaser but this particular issue is still not solved- because it's an edge case and not really a problem.

Just keep in mind that you can always use TweenMax/TimelineMax or other tweening engines for more complex tweens. You're not stuck with the phaser tweens. They are meant as a lightweight tween engine but sometimes you're better with an external solution. It's not forbidden ;)

Anyway I don't want you to use TimelineMax because the callback is not working. It's working, Pedro already pointed you to the right answer!

Regards George