How to use the new pauseUpdate function of Phaser 2.0.4 to resume games?

erikwittern

Hi *,

I am very excited about the new pauseUpdate function, which runs while game.paused = true. However, I am unsure how to use it. While it constantly runs once the game is paused, it does not allow to react to input on priorly defined sprites (i.e., pause menu elements that I defined before pausing the game). For example, checks for menuTextButton.input.isDown stop to work in pauseUpdate once the game is paused.

So, how do I use pauseUpdate to react to user input, for example, to resume the game?

Hi *,

I am very excited about the new pauseUpdate function, which runs while game.paused = true. However, I am unsure how to use it. While it constantly runs once the game is paused, it does not allow to react to input on priorly defined sprites (i.e., pause menu elements that I defined before pausing the game). For example, checks for menuTextButton.input.isDown stop to work in pauseUpdate once the game is paused.

So, how do I use pauseUpdate to react to user input, for example, to resume the game?

I too am trying to work this out.

While looking through the code of Phaser itself it seems like there's a lot of things on hold while things are paused, so I think it might not be ready to be used for, say, a pause menu in game.

I'll get back to you if I find anything out!