Blender Export Question / Problem

reddozen

I'm importing my scene into Blender, scaling things by -1 on the Y axis, then rotating them back to upright, making them single sided meshes, and recalculating the normals. The problem is that when I export them, it doesnt seem to save the scaling or transforms. It is keeping the normals data though so I know that it's updating the export files, but when it's loaded the scene isn't coming out un-mirrored.

My problem is that the Unreal 2k4 exporter we're using to convert our models exports all our objects inside out, mirrored and 2 sided... I wrote a blender script to just fix the whole scene automatically. It was a much simpler solution than trying to modify the complicated Unreal 2k4 exporter.

Any ideas?

Hi Red, You have to apply any transforms, rotations or scaling changes you make.

In "Object Mode", select an object, then go to the Object Menu ->Apply->Location and Object Menu ->Apply->Scale

cheers, gryff :)

post-7026-0-18360900-1399385194.jpg

So it will just visually show the change and then I have to "apply" it to confirm it?

EDIT:

Just read up on it.. makes since. I'll add that into my script tonight. I still have to flip my center coordnates and my Yaw on all my items to put them back in line after the mirror, but that's another issue all together.