Simple Image Problem After Exporting From Blender 2.7

tedteeter

Greetings,       July 4th, 2014

I have successfully generated a simple cube animation in blender that exported fine and magnificently loaded  into a webpage, however, the background image as designed in blender was lost. I then attempted to utilize "Images As Planes" which obviously wouldn't work while I assume "Babylon" doesn't support the plugin? Any ideas why the background image was lost?....any ideas would be great!

Appreciatively,
Ted

Hi Ted, welcome to the babylon forum :)

however, the background image as designed in blender was lost.

Not sure what you mean by this - a few more details about "designed in blender" perhaps?

I then attempted to utilize "Images As Planes" which obviously wouldn't work while I assume "Babylon" doesn't support the plugin?

I assume you mean the "Import Image As Plane" plugin? Once the plugin is used - it creates a plane with material and texture. That is all the babylon exporter cares about. How it was done does not matter.

I did a quick test in Blender 2.69 - then viewed the babylon file in the sandbox.  Works fine - see image below using my standard test texture.

If you want to give me a link to your blend file (PM it to me if you want) I will take a look.

cheers, gryff :)

post-7026-0-78020600-1404537813.jpg

TY for the .blend file Ted. Here is your babylon scene working:

Ted's Scene

I changed the material and texture on the plane (I did not have your texture)

Here is a zip file that includes the babylon file I exported from Blender 2.69 and my set up to display the scene.

Ted_zip

It contains the files I used to set up the scene above. Note I use the latest version of babylon.js - babylon.1.13-beta.js and the filepaths are set up differently. It also contains my .blend file.

I can't tell from your scene as it does not seem to work - but you should make sure that the texture(s) you use is(are) in the same directory as the babylon file. If you look in my .blend file under the texture for the plane you will see it is quite complicated, but the babylon exporter places it in the same place as your babylon file. From the babylon file:

"diffuseTexture":{"name":"tmage512.png","level":1.0000,"hasAlpha":1.0000,"coordinatesMode":0,"uOffset":0.0000,"vOffset":0.0000,"uScale":1.0000,"vScale":1.0000,"uAng":0.0000,"vAng":0.0000,"wAng":0.0000,"wrapU":1,"wrapV":1,"coordinatesIndex":0}

There is no path info for the file: tmage512.png.

Feel free to use or modify my set up and files.

cheers, gryff :)