reset()ed Sprite wont show up

Foxhunt

Hi,

im trying to reset() a precreated Sprite. But it wont show up.

I Create the group "bombs" and start to populate it with "bombs.createMultiple(1, 'Bomb', 0, false);".

After they're created i try to reset them at the players position.

Problem is they won't show up, i inspected with crome and figured out they have there position and existance state changed.

They should be there some where ^^

Link and Code:

https://phaser-c9-foxhunt.c9.io/examples/TestGame/index.html?_c9_id=livepreview0&_c9_host=https://ide.c9.io

window.onload = function () {    var game = new Phaser.Game(800, 600, Phaser.AUTO, '', {        preload: preload,        create: create,        update: update,        render: render    });    function preload() {        game.load.image('Bar', 'Assets/Bar.png');        game.load.image('star', 'Assets/star.png');        game.load.spritesheet('Player', 'Assets/Ball.png', 16, 16);        game.load.spritesheet('Bomb', 'Assets/Bomb.png', 8, 8);    }    var life = 103;    var lifeText;    var player;    var platforms;    var bombs;    function create() {        //Physics ON!!        game.physics.startSystem(Phaser.Physics.ARCADE);        //adding Background        game.stage.backgroundColor = '#2d2d2d';        //Create and configure platforms a Group        platforms = game.add.group();        platforms.enableBody = true;        //adding ground        var Ground = platforms.create(0, game.world.height - 30, 'Bar');        Ground.body.immovable = true;       //pinning ground so it does not fall        //add Player        player = game.add.sprite(32, game.world.height - 150, 'Player');        //physics for the player on!!        game.physics.arcade.enable(player);        player.body.bounce.y = 0.2;        player.body.gravity.y = 300;        player.body.collideWorldBounds = true;        player.health = life;        player.scale.set(2);        player.animations.add('move', null, 10, true);        player.animations.play('move');        lifeText = game.add.text(16, 16, 'Life: ' + life, {            fontSize: '32px',            fill: '#000'        });                //Create and configure Bombs Group        bombs = game.add.group();        bombs.enableBody = true;        bombs.scale.set(2);        bombs.createMultiple(1, 'Bomb', 0, false);                // for (var i = 0; i < 2; i++){        //     var b = bombs.create(0, 0, 'Bomb');        //     b.name = 'Bomb' + i;        //     b.exists = false;        //     b.visible = false;        // }            }            //Well yeah drop a bomb :DD    function dropBomb() {        var bomb = bombs.getFirstExists(false);        if (bomb){            bomb.reset(player.x + 8, player.y + 8);            bomb.lifespan = 3000;        }    }    function update() {        game.physics.arcade.collide(player, platforms);        var cursors = game.input.keyboard.createCursorKeys();        game.input.keyboard.addKeyCapture([ Phaser.Keyboard.SPACEBAR ]);        var spaceIsDown = game.input.keyboard.isDown(Phaser.Keyboard.SPACEBAR);        //  Reset the players velocity (movement)        player.body.velocity.x = 0;        if (cursors.left.isDown) {            //  Move to the left            player.body.velocity.x = -150;        }        else if (cursors.right.isDown) {            //  Move to the right            player.body.velocity.x = 150;        }        //  Allow the player to jump if they are touching the ground.        if (spaceIsDown && player.body.touching.down) {            player.body.velocity.y = -150;            dropBomb();        }    }        function render() {        //game.debug.spriteInfo(player, 5, 70);        //game.debug.spriteInfo(bombs.getFirstExists(false), 5, 70);    }};

The bomb dont show coz you are scaling the entire group bombs, not the sprite:

bombs.scale.set(2);

Comment this line and will appears ;)

you can first "make" a sprite of "bomb" image and then scale it to 2 and add sprite like "key" in the createMultiple.

First thank you.

you can first "make" a sprite of "bomb" image and then scale it to 2 and add sprite like "key" in the createMultiple.

But can you explain that a little? Like in code? Cause i tried like i understood:

//Create and configure Bombs Group        bombs = game.add.group();        bombs.enableBody = true;        var preBomb = game.add.sprite(0, 0, 'Bomb');        preBomb.scale.set(2);        bombs.createMultiple(3, 'preBomb', 0, false);

And i end up with Image placeholders. ^^

Results can be viewed @ the link in the 1. post.

The createMultiple method is just a convenience method, you don't have to use it. You could just as easily do this:

//Create and configure Bombs Group        bombs = game.add.group();        bombs.enableBody = true;        var preBomb;        for (var i = 0; i < 3; i++) {          preBomb = game.add.sprite(0, 0, 'Bomb');          preBomb.scale.set(2);          bombs.add(preBomb);        }

Or:

//Create and configure Bombs Group        bombs = game.add.group();        bombs.enableBody = true;        bombs.createMultiple(3, 'Bomb', 0, false);        bombs.forEach(function(preBomb) {          preBomb.scale.set(2);        });

Edit: Left out bombs.add in the first example! D'oh!

Edited by lewster32