Remove texture from button

v_nastey

I'm new into pixi, and what I have is a button that has a texture and a movieclip. On a click on the button, I want to remove the texture and to have the moveclip.

In other words i have this:

var back = PIXI.Texture.fromFrame("image.png");var mc = new PIXI.MovieClip(someAssets);mc.setTexture(back);

What I need to do is when I click the mc button, to remove the texture and preview just the movieclip. How can i do it?

I'm new into pixi, and what I have is a button that has a texture and a movieclip. On a click on the button, I want to remove the texture and to have the moveclip.

In other words i have this:

var back = PIXI.Texture.fromFrame("image.png");var mc = new PIXI.MovieClip(someAssets);mc.setTexture(back);

What I need to do is when I click the mc button, to remove the texture and preview just the movieclip. How can i do it?

I don't get what you are trying to do. Can you show the code of your "button"?

Or could you provide an better example?

To toggle the visibility of elements, you can just do:

buttonSprite.click = function() {

backSprite.visible = false;

movieClip.visible = true;

};

Basicly the movieclip is the button. the movieclip contains a array of images that are displayed. So for start what i want to do is to put a texture over the movieclip and when i click on the movieclip, to remove the texture and gave the original image that has the movieclip itself.

You could try this:

var textures = [ back, other, other, ... ];var mc = new PIXI.MovieClip(textures);mc.interactive = true;mc.click = function() {   if(mc.textures[0] === back) {     mc.textures.shift(); // remove first element     mc.gotoAndPlay(0);  }};