Action Manager and Mesh Intersection

gryff

As I continue to experiment with the Action Manager (thanks to inspiration I got from a Temechon tutorial) I have been looking at mesh intersection. There are two triggers available with the Action Manager

BABYLON.ActionManager.OnIntersectionEnterTrigger: Raised when the mesh is in intersection with another mesh. Raised just once

and

BABYLON.ActionManager.OnIntersectionExitTrigger: Raised when the mesh is no more in intersection with another mesh. Raised just once

Looking at the older way of doing intersecting meshes (in the playground tutorial) there is a parameter that can be changed "precise", that can be set to true or false, that defines the mesh bounding box to be used.

So the questions that popped into my mind were:

1. What level of precision do the Action Manager triggers use?

2. Can the level of precision be set in someway for these triggers?

cheers, gryff :)

Hey gryff, 

I just looked in the source code of babylon v1.14 (but i assume it's the same for the v1.13). It's in the method Scene.prototype._checkIntersections : 

if (action.trigger == BABYLON.ActionManager.OnIntersectionEnterTrigger || action.trigger == BABYLON.ActionManager.OnIntersectionExitTrigger) {     var otherMesh = action.getTriggerParameter();     var areIntersecting = otherMesh.intersectsMesh(sourceMesh, false);     // other things....}

You can see the parameter precise is set to false, and there is no way (right now) to set it in the trigger.

Cheers :)