This forum will be closing down. Please move to the respective dedicated project forums.

kill all sprites in object layer?

owen

Hi there

Very quick question.... how do i kill all the sprites in the object layer?  (or at least, in a group)?

Do I need a forEach loop or is there some other way?

I cannot seem to find an example which kills every sprite.

The problem I am having is that when player respawns and I recreate the sprites on the map like this...

redApples = game.add.group();redApples.enableBody = true;    map.createFromObjects('Object Layer 1', RED_APPLE, 'redApple', 0, true, false, redApples);
....It is creating duplicate sprites of those which already exist.  I want to only create them where they don't already exist, or as it seems more simple, kill every existing sprite before calling createFromObjects.

Currently I am having to kill the sprites in each individual group, as below, and yes this works fine however this seems cumbersome (and risky in case I forget a group)  and I think I'm missing some way of doing it to the entire layer, all at once.

redApples.forEach(function (o) {        o.kill();    }, this, false);greenApples.forEach(function (o) {        o.kill();    }, this, false);

Thanks

Owen