Phaser on Wii U

seiyria

I recently tweeted rich regarding using phaser on the wii u [link1, link2] but I wanted to bring the discussion here as well.

Has anyone done this yet, or maybe someone would have some intuition based on the wii u specs? I'm looking into using either Phaser or Unity (and for many reasons, I really would prefer to use Phaser), but I don't know how well it would work. I'm hesitant to order a dev kit to test it out.

@rich I'm also interested in helping test phaser on the wii u if specs need to be published for how well it works, etc.

At the moment there is no direct Phaser support for the Wii U, sorry. I cannot say with any authority if it will actually work or not, so I would absolutely not base the purchase of a dev kit on it. It's on my "to do" list, but honestly I'm afraid it's quite low down there. There are other sadly more important platforms we need to hit first (Firefox OS for example).

No, I know there's nothing yet. The way I'm currently looking at it is that I'm going to need a dev kit eventually anyway (regardless Phaser or Unity), and Nintendo has a good program where you can "borrow" one for 6 months, then either return it or buy it, so it's pretty cost-free, really. I would love to test it out though, but if I find bugs I'm not sure that I'd be able to fix them. Would you be willing to at least look at some issues if they come up?

Fantastic. I don't know what your schedule looks like, but if it's lower on your list then it may be a bit longer than I'm willing to wait to get mine. I'll likely be getting mine within the next month so I can start testing and seeing if I can just port my old Phaser game to the WiiU. If the debugging process is simple then it shouldn't be a huge deal, but we'll see. I am not sure yet on their pricing, but if it's <1k, I will probably either do their financing plan or purchase it outright since I definitely want to make a few games for the WiiU over the next few years.