This forum will be closing down. Please move to the respective dedicated project forums.

Tilemap not rendering

fubeca6

Good evening,

I'm having trouble getting my tilemap to render. Instead, it just shows the player sprite on a black background. When I use "layer.debug = true" I can see that the boundaries are correct, it's just not showing the tile images.

Here's my relevant code:

function preload() {	// loading my assets	game.load.image('player', 'assets/items/player.png');		game.load.image('tiles', 'assets/tiles/tiles.png');		game.load.tilemap('map', 'assets/maps/level2.json', null, Phaser.Tilemap.TILED_JSON);}function create() {    // configure the map    map = game.add.tilemap('map', 32, 32);    map.addTilesetImage('tiles');    layer = map.createLayer(0);    layer.resizeWorld();       map.setCollision(2);    map.setCollision(4);    map.setCollision(5);    layer.debug = true;}function update() {    game.physics.arcade.collide(this.player, layer);}

Thanks guys

try this

function create() { // configure the mapmap = game.add.tilemap('map', 32, 32);map.addTilesetImage('tiles','tiles');// first arg is the name of your image file which is in directory with .png extension, and second arg is the name you assigned to that image while loading....layer = map.createLayer(0);layer.resizeWorld();map.setCollision(2);map.setCollision(4);map.setCollision(5);layer.debug = true; }

and you can merge your map.setCollision() in one:

function create() { // configure the mapmap = game.add.tilemap('map', 32, 32);map.addTilesetImage('tiles','tiles');// first arg is the name of your image file which is in directory with .png extension, and second arg is the name you assigned to that image while loading....layer = map.createLayer(0);layer.resizeWorld();map.setCollision([2, 4, 5]);layer.debug = true; }

Thank you for the answers, guys, but unfortunately that didn't fix the problem  :(   Even with the "map.addTilesetImage('tiles','tiles');"  line in there, the map is still not showing up. Now, to clarify, the boundaries are there, and I can see them with "layer.debug = true;"  the map is just not showing up

Is it possible that there's something wrong with the tile-sheet? I made the map with 'Tiled', which I've used successfully before, but in previous projects I've only used two tiles - a floor, and a wall. In this one I have five tiles.

All help is greatly appreciated