Examples of P2 basics

dalla777

I just started using Phaser yesterday so keep that in mind ... :unsure:

I got my very basic set up running using the arcade physics. right now it's just a character that runs across the screen and jumps over things, pretty basic. But I wanted it to be able to run up a hill at an angle so I figure this means I need p2 (if this is not the case, please let me know so I can stop trying to figure this out!).

I tried just converting what I have to P2 but it's entirely messed up. The gravity is moving REALLY slowly no matter how I adjust the number, one of my tilesprites is upside down, the placement of objects is off, and nothing will collide. :wacko: I've tried copying the examples I found in the examples directory, but nothing seems to help. Are there any tutorials or examples of this kind of game using P2? I looked through the tutorial list in the sticky thread but didn't find anything. There are ton using Arcade physics, but it seems like the P2 stuff is mostly floating around in space hitting things. Any help would be much appreciated!

well .. as always in this case i will point you to an old thread where i postet a zip file that contains a fully commented demo platformer  with index.html being the arcade version and index-p2.html the p2 version..  the p2 version has slanted tiles so you can walk up a hill with an angle..

http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/6556-how-to-export-from-tiled-and-integrate-into-phaser/?p=39495

i hope this is what you searched for

glhf