Vector3.unproject() strange behaviour

Tyrahell

Hello everybody,

After some time dealing with Vector3.unproject(), i got serious doubt about my way to use it.

I try to unproject a screen vector (1,0,0) to a world coordinate vector and the result of unproject() is always the same even if the ViewMatrix or WorldMatrix is changing.

Here is my code :

var pMScene = myScene.getProjectionMatrix();var vMScene = myScene.getViewMatrix();var wMCamera = myScene.activeCamera.getWorldMatrix();var globalView = myScene.activeCamera.viewport.toGlobal(engine);var ViewportWidth = globalView.width;var ViewportHeight = globalView.height;	var screenVector = new BABYLON.Vector3(1,0,0);var worldVector = BABYLON.Vector3.Unproject( screenVector, ViewportWidth, ViewportHeight, wMCamera, vMScene, pMScene );

My projection Matrix is constant :

1.6, 0, 0, 0,

0, 2.4, 0, 0,

0, 0, 1, 1

0, 0, -0.1, 0

My viewMatrix depends of the scene view, quite logical, same for the worldMatrix depending from the camera fov.

My viewport seems correct : width = 1200, height = 900.

And my unprojected vector (1, 0, 0) is always (-0.051, 0.042, 0.1 ) :angry:

Am i doing something wrong ?

++Tyra :o Lost in spaces...

Here is a solution, what do you think about it ? 

var pMScene = scene.getProjectionMatrix();        var vMScene = scene.getViewMatrix();        var wMCamera = BABYLON.Matrix.Identity(); //scene.activeCamera.getWorldMatrix();        var globalView = scene.activeCamera.viewport.toGlobal(engine);        var ViewportWidth = globalView.width;        var ViewportHeight = globalView.height;        var screenVector = new BABYLON.Vector3(0,0,0);        var screenVector2 = new BABYLON.Vector3(1,0,0);        var worldVector = BABYLON.Vector3.Unproject( screenVector, ViewportWidth, ViewportHeight, wMCamera, vMScene, pMScene );        var worldVector2 = BABYLON.Vector3.Unproject( screenVector2, ViewportWidth, ViewportHeight, wMCamera, vMScene, pMScene );        var res = worldVector2.subtract(worldVector);        res.normalize();        box.locallyTranslate(res);

Cheers, 

Temechon and DK your awesome !

Thanks to you i can now design my own arcrotatecamera with translation on right-clic like CAD software !

Ill publish some code sample for the community when it will be over ;)

I close this topic and go back to the other one to finish my arcrotatecamera with translation!

Thanks thanks thanks :P:D:lol: