Relocating panda.js-master Folder .

vmars316

Hello & Thanks; 

I have three questions:

1) Are these names reserved words: 

main, Main, src, media, game, etc.. (is there a list somewhere) ? 

2) I am trying to figure out how to work on multiple projects at once.

"game-01/src/game/main.js"

"game-02/src/game/main.js"

where games-01 and game-02 are in the same  Folder  as  index.html  and mongoose...exe . 

How can I do this ?

3) I tried to relocate my  panda.js-master  Folder 

from here: 

A) C:\Users\me\Desktop\myPrograms\Programming-JavaScript\Panda.js\panda.js-master 

to here:  

B) C:\panda.js-master (less coding) .

And ever since,  doubleClicking  index.html  has gone back to  showing just the black screen, no logo. 

This now happens at both locations(A & B).  Neither location shows the logo.png .

However, if I enter this  http://192.168.2.3:8080/index.html  in the ChromeAddressBar,

things work fine,  logo.png shows fine for both instances . 

Is there someplace in windows. where  http://192.168.2.3:8080  is stored, that needs to be reset ?

Thanks

question 1: I guess you can look up reserved words in the globals list? In panda, all available prototypes of the engine are defined in the game object that can be found in the global namespace. You could use the chrome + F12 to have a look at it in the running code.

Question 2: I would seriously recommend to keep each individual game in a different folder! In the past I have done a lot of programming in impact js and I kind of find out the hard way that it is better to make a good directory structure from the start. Currently I even have folders for individual scenes in panda. (I realize that this is not exactely the answer to your question but with a good organisation your question is obsolete).

Question 3 is related to your webserver. Personally I always access the index.html from within my browser and I guess this works for you fine at the moment. If you double click a .html file, it will use the file:// path and javascript doesn't have enough rights to load all the other files that are required to start the engine. (I am surprised that double clicking an html file worked for you in the first place).

Thanks for your reply Stephan:

1) No globals list that I can find.

2) Could you give me an idea of what your structure looks like. 

is it something like this?: 

<script type="text/javascript" src="Game-01/src/game/config.js"></script>

I couldn't get this to work. Any ideas?

3) "javascript doesn't have enough rights to load all the other files that are required to start the engine. 

(I am surprised that double clicking an html file worked for you in the first place). "

Well that's good to know. I thought I was screwing up. 

What I have done, is to create an internetShortcut, 

that looks like this: http://192.168.2.3:8080/index.html 

And that seems to work fine.

Thanks again..vm

1) I think it is safe to assume that you shouldn't use 'game' because it is declared as a global.

2) It's putting each individual game in a separate folder like so:

structure.jpg

I guess you could move the engine to a single location. Is that what you want to do? 

3) Yes, a shortcut to an http location will work. Never thought of that!  :)