full screen on iOS 6

alex_h

I'm using mobile meta-tags to enable full screen in safari on iOS 6 like this:

<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes"><meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style" content="black-translucent">

When I'm testing the game on an iPod 5 with iOS 6 sometimes it seems this makes it automatically go in to full screen when first loading, and sometimes it doesn't, in which case you have to manually press the full screen button at the bottom right. I asked a colleague who said that as far as he could tell the browser just seems to remember whatever the last manually chosen setting was, and that this mean there was no way to 'force' your game to automatically enter full screen when it starts. Can anybody confirm that he is right, or preferably that he is wrong and there IS a way to consistently go to full screen automatically?

cheers,

Alex

Oh yeah, that rings a bell actually, in any case I'm sure you are right. So what means (if any) are available to try to make my game launch in full screen when it is run normally in mobile safari?