Anyone good at css?

joshcamas

:)  Yeah, I hope I didn't offend anyone with the "low hanging fruit" humor attempts.  My intent was to cause smiles, not frowns.  How far one goes... to try to get the laugh... is always a gray area and in-question.  Hopefully, we can all be somewhat flexible and forgiving of crossed-lines and potential misunderstandings.

I like hearing all of the opinions, and they are all good opinions with logical points.  Some dream big with their heads in the clouds.  Others dream smaller with their feet on the ground.  I like them all, and as selfish as this may sound, reading them helps me learn things.  We have an excellent think-tank here, and I feel honored to get to hang-out with all of you.  You guys/gals rock!

Waarff, I laughed a lot a reading you (every of your so numerous posts so far, I'm discovering them reading this forum... I came from next door : Phaser forum)

and the sentence :

(sorry, my keyboard has got no parenthesis)

was just another (vain) attempt of recursive humor

And I agree with you (please don't kiss anything this time !) : different argued opinions are beneficial to global understanding

I know I have nothing to do with this, I am just asking out of interest, could it be that it is some kind of communication problem that this is about? I mean "kissing ass" awfully lot sounds like something bad, but it's actually just another phrase for sweet-talking somebody, right?

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/kiss+ass

You know, well... I mean.. maybe we just have different understandings of the term here? If I am wrong about this just ignore me :P

For me it's more a problem. he responded to a joke Wingnut. Unfortunately I interpret it for me and had this been the case, I think I had reason to take it very badly. But this is not the case.

I'll more easily laugh with jokes in French rather than in English.

Let's go on CSS

arf

recursive humor failure as I wrote with parenthis :  "(sorry, my keyboard has got no parenthesis)"

of course my keyboard has parenthesis and no idea about who's good at CSS

{ I think I should definetly give up this type of humor in this forum. Ho ! Look, there are brackets too !  - sorry, couldn't resist - }

:)  Now everyone's getting goofy! 

Yes, iiceman, brown-nosing and ummm... that other thing... are idioms for sweet-talking.  You got it right.  Jerome and I had a little fun with each other for a moment there, and I got confused after that.  Not sure what happened.  Cool particle stuff, by the way! 

Butt anyway... back to the dom tree in webGL.  Somebody build one, eh?  C'mon!  :)

var myWasteOfTimeIdea = new BABYLON.DomTreeWalker("dtw", url, renderType, scene);

Put the element name on each box (dom node) and let's see some webGL (collapsable?) TreeViews with Babylon.js!  C'mon!!!  We haven't hijacked Josh's thread enough, yet.

Josh, you're using canvas tiles... so no need for CSS at the moment, right?  Besides, this forum is about BJS, and not about CSS, so your thread needed hijacking from the get-go.  :D  (just havin' some fun with Joshster)

Haha what have I created here...

And when I meant canvas tiles I was talking about "chunks" within a game. like the terrain split up into blocks. Nothin to do with css ;)

Also for some reason I cannot access "http://www.castorengine.com/" for some reason :'(

Reason is I need ideas for how my interface could be designed!

Somehow I need to organize these features/buttons/tabs/selects:

-Project: view/edit stuff about the current project

-Map: multiple maps per project, see information about each map. Can edit:

-terrain: paint, sculpt, vertex edit, generate

-information: skybox, day/night cycle, etc

-Meshes: a big list of meshes. (In this case "mesh" means blender scene or individual mesh within a scene, depending how it was important).

-import mesh (scene or mesh(s) within scene)

-create mesh categories, and edit settings of these 

-more

-Objects: objects are groups of meshes 

-collision mesh: either select a mesh within the scene to be the collision-thing, or maybe someday have a feature where you can make one in-editor

-where meshes come from

-settings specific to this type of object

-create object categories, and edit settings of these 

This list is far bigger than this, but I think it shows it's point - I'm needing a way to have major sections (most likely tabs) and then a way to select other stuff inside, which would change what the interface shows.

I guess one possibility is to literally change the entire interface when you click a major section. Is this a good idea?

Adding on to that, what if the major sections where like browser tabs? You could add/remove them from a list somewhere in the "file edit view etc" menu, and this would allow for custom major sections to be added at any time. 

I'm really not a software designer, and not at all sure how to do this! :S 

This is a design question, not a programming question. ;) Hope ya'll admins don't mind :P

Thanks for reading guys. :)

Oh, sorry Josh, I'm being server change. therefore DNS propagation... including CastorEngine.com is unavailable.

This may take some hours up to 48 hours as.

I hate server change, but I was on a very old OVH offers and paid more expensive compared to the best offer now.