Gulp not using References/*.d.ts files

JCPalmer

Hi JC,

Two solutions - 

1. Easy one - copy both files to the babylon source directory, copile and delete them. :-) Not the best solution thou
  2. Edit gulpfile.js - both lines 25 and 36 should read : 
    return gulp.src(['../../References/**/*.ts', '../../Babylon/**/*.ts'])

I will commit it soon, this is actually a much better solution...

I then got a different error - in babylon.sound.ts - there seems to be a wrong cast there (from enum to string and vice versa). I solved it by changing the strings to the correlating enums. Anyone else faces this problem?

Thanks, works again!  With all the changes recently :) , the final .js & .d.ts are not always in sync with each other or the individual .ts files.  A quick gulp on my end solves minor timing issues, and also enables me to test any non-python PR I might make.

I could gen the .d.ts with the Planantir Typescript add-in, but in order to build a working single .js, the add-in needs to build in a certain order.  There are no '///references' in the .ts files.  That logic is within the gulpfile.js file.  The bitBucket.js file, shown below, does not run.

post-8492-0-94529000-1421940167.png

Well,

I found the change to gulpfile.js got it to run, but not correctly.  I made a change to AbstractMesh.ts, but no new AbstractMesh.js ever got generated.  The babylon.d.ts did get generated, which made it difficult to understand, until I just deleted AbstractMesh.js, and found no new one after gulping.

Played with:

return gulp.src(['../../References/**/*.ts', '../../Babylon/**/*.ts'])

Switched the order to this and it works and actually does something

return gulp.src(['../../Babylon/**/*.ts','../../References/**/*.d.ts'])

Will include in an upcoming PR soon

My Gulp is pretty old.  Under Linux, I could get Gulp installed, but not the portion once you change to the Babylon../gulp dir.  The gulp update process stopped working months ago (even on Mac).  I do not want to mess with it, if possible.

There is an old thread on this, but basically I ran that part on OSX.  (I use TrueCrypt for movable drive volumes & quick daily backups).

Do have Windows 7 licenses, but with Window 10 / spartan browser / holographic glasses getting closer, not really worth the effort.