Tween animations acting strange

ieaglev

I'm trying to add some movement to the enemies in my game, I have a function which includes the following:

var enemyMovement = game.add.tween(this.enemies.children[0]); 
    enemyMovement.to({x: 230}, 1000, Phaser.Easing.Linear.None)
    .to({x: 50}, 1000, Phaser.Easing.Linear.None)

start();

I have two problems:

1. I want the sprite to move at a constant speed, at the moment there is easing which I thought Phaser,Easing.Linear.None would handle.

2. The chaining will not work, the sprite will not move back and I have not idea why, I am getting no errors in my code. 

Thanks 

Is that code copied directly from your source? If so, I'm seeing a couple formatting problems. First, when you create the tween, don't add the "to" as a separate function, use a dot separator, like so:

var enemyMovement = game.add.tween(this.enemies.children[0]).to({x: 230}, 1000, Phaser.Easing.Linear.None)

.start();

Note that there are no semicolons until after start(). When I tried this code myself, it chained properly and did seem to move at a constant speed. (Also remember that if you want the chain to repeat, add a .loop() before the .start().) Anyway, hope that solves your problem!

Is that code copied directly from your source? If so, I'm seeing a couple formatting problems. First, when you create the tween, don't add the "to" as a separate function, use a dot separator, like so:

var enemyMovement = game.add.tween(this.enemies.children[0]).to({x: 230}, 1000, Phaser.Easing.Linear.None)

.start();

Note that there are no semicolons until after start(). When I tried this code myself, it chained properly and did seem to move at a constant speed. (Also remember that if you want the chain to repeat, add a .loop() before the .start().) Anyway, hope that solves your problem!

Thanks for the help, I used your code and it still wouldnt work. Then I moved it inside the create function, I had been calling it from the update function the whole time because that makes sense to me. So annoying that that was the problem the whole time!

Cheers