Any alternatives to requestAnimationFrame/setTimeout/setInterval that don't run asynchronously?

Psychho

Synchronous timing functions? Why would you want those?

Of course you can insert an old-fashioned "while (Date.now() < start + delay);" loop, but this is not a good strategy - since JavaScript code is ran in single thread, doing so will efficiently block either tab or whole browser for the time of waiting.

Gotta always run the physics simulation before/after rendering but instead its running them asynchronously creating a really bad shaking effect on moving objects.

Also I tried using a while loop close to what you described that breaks every 10 updates to call a requestAnimationFrame(so the tab doesn't freeze) it just caused random extreme lag and even worse shaking/jittering :(.

Jittering/shaking is normally not a problem except for when the browser keeps rendering at 30fps and is running physics at around 4fps -__-.

No clue how this is happening when my code is just

function Update() {    Physics();    Render();    requestAnimationFrame(Update);}

Video of the jittering aswell, just cause 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPJvA7NHolg

Having code structured like

render()handle_physics()
Would have ensured that physics-related code is ran -after- rendering code. Although, provided that part of code remains synchronous, this most likely would not solve your problem.

Perhaps a setTimeout(handler, 0) would help at running code "just after" rendering.

I heavily doubt that this is the source of problem though.

Having code structured like

render()handle_physics()
Would have ensured that physics-related code is ran -after- rendering code. Although, provided that part of code remains synchronous, this most likely would not solve your problem.

Perhaps a setTimeout(handler, 0) would help at running code "just after" rendering.

I heavily doubt that this is the source of problem though.

Nope didn't make a difference, also uploaded a video above of the jittering.

Just tried the code below as-well and it didn't make a difference :(

function Update() {    setTimeout(Physics,0);    Render();    requestAnimationFrame(Update);}

EDIT: Found a fix, put physics and rendering in two seperate requestAnimationFrame calls lol