[Phaser][Release] Farty Turd

Pappa

My first game, Farty Turd, has been released on the Google Play Store. It's written in Phaser and was a lot of fun to make. Many thanks to the Phaser team for creating such an easy to use library. I'm glad I've been able to give a bit back to the community by finding and fixing a Phaser bug in the process. Actually, I think it's really a Chrome WebAudio bug, but it manifested itself as a memory leak in Phaser.

I decided to add AdMob ads to my game after I'd finished carefully performance tuning it, and I've been disappointed with how badly the ads seem to affect performance, particularly for the first few seconds or so.

There are some quirks to iron out, especially around the ads, but I was advised by a friend to release now and fix the minor stuff later, or I'll forever be tweaking and never releasing.

Here's Farty Turd on Google Play

For future releases, I'm planning on customising the cordova plugins I've used to limit the permissions the app is requesting, and try to figure out if I can stop the ads impacting performance so much.